Sunday, June 27, 2010

Here We Go!

Being new to the blog world, I'm not exactly sure where to begin. If you're reading this you probably already know that my name is Jen and I'm a teacher. Being in the teaching profession, I am fortunate enough to have the summers off and can use them to further my education, career or personal endeavors. This summer I am about to embark on what seems to be the journey of a lifetime.

On July 11, 2010 I will be traveling to South Africa to work with The Kusasa Project. The Kusasa Project is a non profit organization that looks to better the lives of African children living in the Cape Winelands. Some of the goals of The Kusasa Project are to ensure that each student recognizes the importance of education and falls in love with learning, while becoming role models within their underprivileged township community.

I am excited to share with you my adventures in the town of Franschhoek in the Cape Winelands of South Africa and the trials and tribulations that go on in their township schools. I hope to share my love of teaching and of life, and I hope you enjoy reading about it.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment