Friday, July 1, 2011

Ciao! Ciao!


Welcome back! After a brief school year hiatus, I have decided to start writing once again. Last summer I was blessed with one of the most amazing experiences of my life volunteering in South Africa, and this summer I have been awarded another exciting adventure. For those of you who may not know, this past school year I worked at La Scuola d’Italia in New York City. La Scuola is the only Italian bilingual school in North America and proves to be the home for many elite Italian children. As per request of the Italian education system, they would like all of La Scuola d’Italia English teachers to also become fluent in Italian. La Scuola has been kind enough to provide me with this new journey and is sending me to learn Italian for the month of July. Today begins this new adventure, and I will be traveling to Perugia in order to better my Italian language skills. Hopefully I will come home with a little more than Perugina chocolates.

No comments:

Post a Comment