Monday, June 24, 2013

I Do Believe it's Time for Another Adventure





Ahhhh yes. In fact, it is officially time. If you have been following my blog, you are probably familiar with the fact that I’m a teacher with a passion for travel. Last summer I did not leave the country on an exciting escapade, but instead stayed in Manhattan trying to travel around and see as much of the city as possible. Though my travels through this amazing city were exciting, nothing compares to that butterflies in your stomach feeling you get when you board an airplane to a far off destination.

I am very excited to announce that I will be traveling to PERU on July 1st! My brother Ronnie has been in Lima, Peru for the past five weeks taking Spanish classes and teaching ESL at a school in Miraflores. He’s currently in a Masters program at Hunter College specializing in teaching English as a second language. His trip to Lima was a great way to help further his education as well as give my family and I an excuse to visit him. (Thanks Ron!)



This will be my first time traveling to South America and I am excited to learn about Peru and immerse myself in Peruvian culture in a short amount of time. We’ll be staying in Lima, as well as the ancient Inca capital of the world, Cuzco. A trip to Peru would not be complete without a trek on the historic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.
(Check back in a week or so for updates about my experience in Peru.)

“Traveling, it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
 –Ibn Battuta

I can’t wait to continue to tell you my story…

>>Tales of the Traveling Teacher Summer 2013<<

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an incredible trip! Did you have a chance to venture along the Short Inca Trail for a taste of the ancient paths?

    ReplyDelete